l
.:Friday, October 24, 2003:.
Dear councillors, i've uploaded new pictures

Yes! i've uploaded all the pictures taken during and after recc-ing. Especially for the ICs of M&S, Programs and Tables, the photos may prove useful. You can find them here at

Click here!

Then go under "Marina Mandarin Recce" and you'll find detailed photos of all the interiors of the ball room.

Grad day today was a moment of reflection for me

While everyone else were eagerly awaiting graduation, i took time off during the event to thoroughly reflect and review my past happenings in CJC. My conclusion? That i've not been performing as well or as good as i'm cut out for. I've let my HT down in not providing her enough evidence to vindicate her confidence in me by allowing me to assume the post of SC President.

I was alone and i had no one for accompaniment except for the raucous chatter and undescribe noises of anxious J2 shifting nervously around the audi.

I was upset, but i only had the sight of the Crucifix and Flame to bloster my spirits and cheer me up.

I was inconfident, but i had the courage of the J2s to strip me of it.

I was unsure of myself, but when i look up at the Flame emblazoned high above the audi walls, i knew what i was fighting for.

I was dissappointed with myself, but when i see my councillors working hard, not for me, but for their 29th council, i was relieve and felt re-assured.

How i admire those names brother Paul so proudly proclaimed to the rest of the school populace with pride and happiness etched so deeply into it, how i admire Peng Yam and Elizabeth for making it thus far and attaining the highest position a student can receive - that of valedictorians. How i admire people who never gave up, even in light of sheer adversity, those who overcame inconfidence and strived hard.

I believe i can be just as good, or maybe even better than them, i know i can, because i believe i can. I've not been performing well enough to vindicate me of my position or make me even worthy of my post in school. How can i call myself an "all-rounded" individual if i have a dent in one of my infinite sides? How do i proclaim loudly to my relatives that i'm the President of the SC when all i have to prove are just scribbles on a piece of paper? I keep resolving myself to achieve and attain the highest possible honors, but constantly fail to do so. It is not that i didn't try hard enough, i didn't try resolutely enough.

I do seek for help when i have problems, but i know myself best, i'm an independent learner. Whatever knowledge i gain, i make sure it is gleaned through my hard earned efforts. I do not like sponging off teachers in times of need, i want to do research on my own, understand on my own, and do well using only but my efforts. But apparently, this isn't serving me well enough. I need my results to prove the capabilities of my council board. My results, reflects their results, i cannot just let it slide.

I've let my teachers down, i've disappointed them by not reciprocating their faith in me with my results.




Alan gagged and reeled at 1:33 AM
 
0 people shizzled my nizzle

..:: Semper Paratus, Sine Mora ::..